How to Make Kava- Traditional and Easy Preparation
Below we share all you need to know to learn how to make kava using medium ground kava root powder as well as a quick and easy kava preparation method using a blender. Choose the method of preparing kava that best suits you and your lifestyle.
Kava Preparation: Traditional Method
Traditional kava preparation is much like brewing tea. Kava root powder is placed in a straining bag and steeped in hot water. Gather together all you need to prepare a kava drink the traditional way and then follow the simple steps below to make kava the traditional way.
Things you're going to need:
- High-Quality Medium Ground Kava Root. Available in our shop.
- A Strainer Bag (A muslin bag is best but you can use cheesecloth, or even an old T-shirt)
- Warm / Hot water (tap hot is perfect)
- A medium-sized bowl to prepare the kava in.
Quick Kava Preparation: Blender Method
- Add 2-4 Tablespoons of kava root powder and 8-12oz. of tap hot water per serving to a standard blender.
- Blend on high for approximately 4 minutes.
- Empty and strain this through a cloth strainer.
- Chill and enjoy!